The Trust Talks
How do we learn to identify, appreciate and protect the value of a type of a historical building, a garden or place which has a cultural history going back generations?
Where do we go to learn the stories about our cultural heritage?
The National Trust is proud to present The Trust Talks - a series of speaker events featuring inspiring heritage experts at wonderful heritage locations. Opening the doors for innovation, collaboration and celebration of our heritage, The Trust Talks provide up to date information about heritage events, relevant information, in depth discussions and debate about heritage conservation in Australia.
Experience Queensland’s unique heritage first-hand! Join us to examine the issues involved with protecting historical sites, conserving historic buildings and celebrating our built, environmental and cultural heritage.
Since its first talk in 2017, the Trust Talks have continued to grow and gain support and interest from heritage enthusiasts with topics including:
- The Debate: Head in the Cloudlands - is there too much idealism in heritage?
- Managing the Heritage of Wounded Places
- Behind Closed Doors: The Heritage of Hidden Places and Exclusive Spaces
- Beauty or the Beast: Communicating the Value of Twentieth Century Heritage
- The (un)remarkable house – stories of our homes
- The Debate: “It’s not a chip on your shoulder if they’re really out to get you”
- The City – More than just an architectural Backdrop.