Did you know that everything a bee creates can be used?
Has been used since prehistory as the first plastic, a lubricant and waterproofing agent, in casting of metals and glass, as a polish for wood and leather, for making candles and as an ingredient in cosmetics.
Is a compound produced by bees and is used to seal and protect their hives.
- Builds immunity
- Useful in fighting infections and heal wounds
- Is considered a ‘Superfood’ as it is high in protein and vitamins.
- Assists with hayfever
- Reduces inflammation
- Assists with diabetes
- Promotes prostate health
- Is produced by honeybees to feed the queen and young
- Antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Believed to improve quality of life, aid fertility and longevity
- Highly nutritious
Manuka Honey Health Benefits – Backed by Science
Manuka Honey is produced by bees who polinate the flowers of the Manuka Bush. It has traditionally been used in hospitals to assist with wound healing and improving digestive issues.
Manuka Honey has the active ingredient Methylglyoxal (MGO) likely to be responsible for its antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. With a rating of UMF 10+ (NZ) or 350+MGO (AUS) this is considered potent enough to be therapeutic and responsible for the following health benefits.
- Aid wound healing
- Promote oral health
- Soothe a sore throat
- Help prevent gastric ulcers
- Improve digestive systems
- May aid symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis
- Treats Acne